What was it that you had in mind?

WHAT WAS IT THAT YOU HAD IN MIND?

Presumably, given that you are reading this, you are living a life of some sort.

Right?

Tell me this: Is it the life you had in mind? The one you dreamed of when you were, say, 16, or maybe 21, or maybe the one you were sure you'd have by the time you reached 40?

Maybe the one you never told a single living soul that you wanted, the one you gave up on ages ago because other stuff got in the way, you got practical and serious-minded and told yourself to put all the silliness behind you?
(See Pages, at left, for continuation of "What was it that you had in mind?)

Me, Lynn Ingram

About Me

It's a journey, this life, and mine has been full and varied. I've loved a lot and been loved, I've wept a good bit and I suspect I was the reason for a few tears shed by others. I've been enchanted by the power of words and the incredible resilience of the human spirit forever. I love sorting out what makes us human beings tick and trying to find out how to make us tick better, starting with me. So now I'm a psychologist and a writer. On the way here, I was a teacher, an editor, a striker on a shrimp boat, an unsuccessful advertising sales rep, a little theatre actress, a student pilot, and a handful of other things. And I'm not done yet.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

bogged blogger

Sometimes the blogger is just more boggy than bloggy, and sadly - or maybe more accurately - just a function of the normality of the changeability of life - that has been the case for the past week or so.

Where did the boggy come from? Oh, let's see - I suspect part of it can be laid at the feet of the holiday season and the range of emotions it conjures up - from joy and gratitude and awe to poignant memories and sadness and loneliness - lonely for those I loved who are no longer living, loneliness for that someone I'd like to love who hasn't shown up just yet.

And there's the existential angst thing that is never far away, that seems to grow a bit more prominent during cold, stay indoors, wind down the year kind of days.

And there's the overwhelm that sometimes shows up when there are lots of new things on the agenda - like learning some of the pertinent points of blogging and AdSense and Google partners, of wandering helpless through the maze of Medicaid filing as part of a psychology practice, of meeting new folks while out and about more than usual for holiday gatherings.

So today was a wind-down, be quiet sort of day, with a bit of catching up with myself, with a larger bit of reality check with a friend, with a nicer, softer spot to land this evening.

Hope, always, honestly, truly does - spring eternal. Sometimes I just have to actually open the window to let it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment